Did you know that an article was written, and appeared in the periodical Congregations in 2003, about Crooked Creek Baptist Church in Indianapolis? Much of the content of that article can be found on the blog of the Alban Institute. Among the things that are mentioned are five themes that the church discerned as constants in the congregation over the years:
1. Family-focused with a tradition of generations of worshipers.
2. Loving, caring community of believers who convey a cordial welcome to all.
3. Committed pioneers, drawn together far and wide as one family of God.
4. A cultural kaleidoscope of believers.
5. Strong and steady pastoral leadership.
Visit the Alban Institute blog to read the rest. This heritage continues to characterize the church in the present day.